Sunday

I am a little hipster

My tastes can be shareable things that I can talk to other people about. However the range of what I like is wide - some things I like are light years away from what most of my friends like.


My grandmother and mother are both very musical, and it was natural that I start playing the piano at a young age. I loved playing and practiced every day until I was about 11, and since then I've managed to not make any progress. At all. Strangely enough, it was about then that I really started appreciating the pieces my teachers had given me over the years. The hopeless melancholy of Kabalevsky, Stravinsky and the intense emotion of Satie and Chopin captured me. It wasn't like any music I'd heard before. For a long time I was embarrassed about listening to classical music, but at one point I decided not to care about that anymore. Most pop music today is built on classical music. And well, classical music is classic. Do yourselves a favor and listen to this or this

No comments:

Post a Comment